Licenses and Permits

Business/Health Licenses

Licenses are currently required within the City of Casper for the following activities:


Type of License Fee (per year) Application Forms
Junk Dealers $50. Term is from Jan 1 to Dec 31 Junk Dealers Form
Pawnshops $100 plus $1,000 bond. Term from Jan 1 to Dec 31. Pawnshops Form
Itinerant Merchants $25. Limited to ten days per calendar year. Itinerant Merchants Form
Unsolicited Salesmen $25. Term is from Jan 1 to Dec 31. Must have permanent place of business in the City of Casper. Unsolicited Salesmen Form
Secondhand Dealers $25 Term is from Jan 1 to Dec 31 Secondhand Dealers Form
Hotels and Rooming houses $10 and 25 cents for each room over 20. Term is from Jan 1 to Dec 31. Hotels and Rooming houses Form
Vehicles for Hire -Buses $65 and surety bond of $1,000 . Term is from July 1 to June 30. Liability insurance required. Bus- Vehicles for Hire Form
Vehicles for Hire -Taxicab Company $65. Term is calendar year. Liability insurance required. Taxicab Company- Vehicles for Hire Form
Vehicles for Hire- Taxicab Driver $25. Term is one year from date of issuance. Requires background check each year. Taxicab Driver- Vehicles for Hire Form


The license must posted in a conspicuous place. Upon revocation or suspension of a license, the licensee must immediately cease and terminate all activity associated with the rights of the license or be subject to fines and penalties.
Further information about the requirements of each of these business license types can be found in the Casper Municipal Code.

If you need a business  license for any of these activities, please come to the Utilities Payment Center on the first floor of City Hall or call (307) 235-8400

City Hall is located at 200 N. David Street, Casper, WY 82601. All license applications and renewals must provide the following information:

  1. Name/s of the applicant
    • Individuals- Name of person
    • Corporations and LLC- Name of President or Chairman
    • Partnerships - Name of each partner
  2. Address of applicant's residence or place of business ;
  3. The business, calling or profession in which the applicant wishes to engage;
  4. The address of the location/s where such business or calling is to be carried on;
  5. Applicant's Wyoming sales tax number

Additional information and requirements may be required for each type of license.