The operations division of the Casper Police Department is the “face” of the organization that most people see. Our officers respond to calls from citizens and investigate crimes that have already occurred as well as engage in proactive enforcement activities through self-initiated work and involvement with the community.
Approximately 80 sworn officers from the ranks of Patrolman to Captain serve in the operations division working around the clock in the Patrol, Traffic, Investigations, and the Problem Oriented Response Team sections to provide a safe community of which we can all be proud.
Automating The Department
In mid 2014, the Operations division, with approval from the Casper City Council, began using the digiTICKET electronic ticketing system (known as e-citations), to streamline its parking and traffic ticketing enforcement process. E-citations provide the following benefits:
- Shorten both the officer’s and citizen’s time during traffic stops
- Allow the officers to get back on the streets more quickly
- Reduce ticketing errors
- Automate and minimize processing time for police records
- Automate and minimize processing time for the Municipal Court
- Result in large savings for the City of Casper in both time and money